MAJOR AND MINOR ADVISING INFORMATION
If available slots on the appointment website below don’t work for you, email the appropriate advisor and let us know when you are free to meet.
Advisor for all Department Majors and the Arabic, German, ISA, and Russian Minors
Dr. Benjamin Davis
Advisor for Chinese, Cognitive Science, Japanese, Korean, Linguistics, and TESOL Minors
If you would like to drop your minor or additional major, please send an email, do not book an appointment.
MSU has two Cognitive Science minors with differing requirements: Cognitive Science Minor and Cognitive Science Social Science Minor.
We do not advise the Cognitive Science Social Science Minor, which is advised by the College of Social Science advisors.
IMPORTANT: To access the Student Information System, you need an MSU Two-Factor Authentication account. Visit the MSU Two-Factor Authentication website for more information.
- Select the Academic Progress tile.
- Click the tab on the left, labeled Advising/Tutoring Appointments.
- Click Create New Appointment in the upper right corner.
- Category: choose Advising
- Advising/Tutoring Unit: select College of Arts & Letters
- Appointment Reason: select the applicable reason (i.e. Japanese major, German minor, etc) *You must click on the magnifying glass icon and scroll until you find your applicable major or minor, you cannot type them in here*
- Additional Information: include further details to help the advisor prepare for your appointment (please be as specific as possible)
- Appointment Type: select Zoom or phone
- Click on Select Advisor
- Click the Time Selected drop-down menu to view available times.
- You may have to click “Next Days” to see future available appointments.
- Click on Select Time to confirm the appointment.
- Click Book It!
For directions that include a visual guide on how to schedule appointments, click here.