MAJOR AND MINOR ADVISING INFORMATION
All advising appointments are being done remotely by either telephone or Zoom. If available slots on the appointment website below don’t work for you, email the appropriate advisor and let us know when you are free to meet.
Major and Minor Advising, Study Abroad, and General Course Questions
Cindy Walter email@example.com
IMPORTANT: To access the Student Information System, you need an MSU Two-Factor Authentication account. Visit the MSU Two-Factor Authentication website for more information.
- Select the Academic Progress tile.
- Click the tab on the left, labeled Advising/Tutoring Appointments.
- Click Create New Appointment in the upper right corner.
- Category: choose Advising
- Advising/Tutoring Unit: select College of Arts & Letters
- Appointment Reason: select the applicable reason (i.e. Japanese major, German minor, etc) *You must click on the magnifying glass icon and scroll until you find your applicable major or minor, you cannot type them in here*
- Additional Information: include further details to help the advisor prepare for your appointment
- Appointment Type: select Zoom or phone
- Click on Select Advisor
- Click the Time Selected drop-down menu to view available times.
- Click on Select Time to confirm the appointment.
- Click Book It!
For directions that include a visual guide on how to schedule appointments, click here.
Cindy Walter, Academic Specialist
Cindy has been an academic advisor at MSU since 2004 and in the Linguistics and Languages Department since 2011. As former language major and study abroad student herself, she really enjoys working with students in the department. Over her career in student services, Cindy has also worked in residence life, TRIO programs, study abroad and financial aid. Cindy volunteers with the International Friendship Program that matches MSU international students with American families and friends in the community. An adoptive parent, Cindy is active with adoption advocacy as well.