The Department of Linguistics and Languages is dedicated to bringing the languages and cultures we study to the general public. On this page you will find an evolving set of resources for learning more about languages and cultures at MSU and in the Mid-Michigan area.
- Arts & Culture at MSU-Explore your world through the vibrant cultural community at Michigan State University Discover the hundreds of performances, exhibitions, and special programs that enrich lives on campus, in the community, and throughout the world.
- Community Language School
- The Center for Community Engaged Learning – In partnership with campus and community, the Center for Community Engaged Learning advances community engaged learning at Michigan State University and prepares students for lifelong civic and social responsibility.
- English Partners in Communication (EPIC) is a low-cost six-week course to help adult nonnative speakers of English to improve their oral communication skills. Experienced teachers and native-speaking conversation partners design lessons to increase knowledge of daily spoken English vocabulary and American culture, provide opportunities for speaking practice, and offer helpful feedback. For more information on EPIC, see https://elc.msu.edu/epic/
- Lansing Chinese Language School
- Lansing Schools Chinese and Spanish Immersion – The Lansing School District is a pioneer in developing and providing second language immersion programs in the State of Michigan.
- Okemos World Languages (OWL) Partnership
- Michigan World Language Association – The Michigan World Language Association is an organization for all elementary, secondary, college, and university teachers, supervisors, students, and friends of world languages.