Minor in Linguistics (15 Credits)
The minor in linguistics provides students with a foundational understanding of several areas of the field. This page provides a brief summary of the requirements. For official details, consult the Academic Programs Catalog.
The minor requires 15 credits of study in linguistics courses. These include:
- One of the following courses:
- LIN 200, Intro to Languages
- LIN 401, Intro to Linguistics
- Both of the following courses:
- LIN 424, Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology
- LIN 434, Introduction to Syntax
- Two additional courses (electives) in Linguistics
- Courses used to satisfy the requirements of the minor may also be used to meet other requirements of a student’s degree program with the approval of the department and college that administers it.