The minor consists of 15 credits or five courses. You will start with an introductory course on language or linguistics. Next, you will take foundational courses in teaching methods (LLT 306), English structures and functions (LLT 346), and second language acquisition (LLT 361). The final course will be an experiential learning course (LLT 496) in which you will work with graduate students in the MA TESOL program to teach a community ESL course called English Partners in Communication (EPIC).
Requirements (15 credits) include:
- LIN 200 or 401 or ENG 302
- LLT 306 (Teaching Methods)
- LLT 346 (Pedagogical English Grammar)
- LLT 361 (Second & Foreign Language Learning)
- LLT 496 (Practicum in Adult ESL Teaching) – Spring Only Class
For more information on the course requirements or substitutions, contact the departmental advisor, Andrew Murray at email@example.com.